News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

76 and 78 Eldo front speaker interchange

Started by joecaristo, October 14, 2013, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecaristo

Are 1976 and1978 front speakers from an Eldorado interchangeable?
thanks,
Joe
Joe Caristo

R Schroeder

Joe, my parts book lists the front speaker for a 1976 as , pt 9344696 . Fits all C, D, E ,and K

The 1977 -78 pt number is 16001996. Both are Group 9.650.

I would assume that they are different, because of the numbers , but someone else may know more.
Roy

Bryan Thompson

Good morning,

Speaker technology has changed dramatically since 76 or 78.  If it's not too late I put these in the dash of my 74 Convertible, they fit with just a little West Virginia engineering, and sound awesome. 6 X 9 of the same brand in the original location too.
http://infinitysystems.com/product-detail-11657/ref-3002cfx.html
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)

Jeff Wilk

Anything special needed here with the Ohms?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

joecaristo

Just took the speakers out of the 78 and they are the same size and ohm rating as the 76. 10 ohms. Put them in the 76 and they work great. Hopefully the part number is different because they made improvements to the speaker in 78. Never had any issues with my 77 or 78 Eldo speakers. My 76 has 5,000 original miles on it and I had to replace the speakers. I have heard that from other 76 convertible owners. Thanks for the replies.
Joe
Joe Caristo

R Schroeder

I'll have to make a note in my book that they are the same size.
Thanks
Roy