News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 DeVille Door Panel

Started by AtlantaMc, October 20, 2013, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtlantaMc

Hey guys,
I've been working on replacing the window sweeps.  After pulling the door panel off, I discovered the reason why it seems loose closest to the door opening.  There is a brown plastic piece attached to the cardboard backing, which is also what the inside window sweep is attached to. Mine has crumbled shown in picture. Any ideas how to fix? Can you get replacement panels?
Regards,
Mark McDermott
1979 Coupe DeVille
1997 Sedan DeVille

R Schroeder

AtlantaMc

Oops! Sorry Roy!  That might have helped...  ::)  This pic shows how the brown plastic piece has crumbled away...  Finally put it back together yesterday, and so far so good. Also added Heavy duty Velcro strips to that end before reattaching the door panel; with new plastic attachment pieces found at NAPA Auto. Really cuts out more of the road noise having that new outer window sweep installed. AAnndd,,, the new door seals I installed a few weekends ago. Also located the the fiber optic line someone unhooked for the outer door handle light. Nice to get all of the little things fixed. Took pictures for me to remember how things came apart for future repairs...  8)  Will install the new trunk seal this coming weekend!
Regards,
Mark McDermott
1979 Coupe DeVille
1997 Sedan DeVille

AtlantaMc

Will have to figure out my phone camera settings as every Picture on this site seems bigger than life!  If you reduce the magnification on your screen to view, it helps...
Regards,
Mark McDermott
1979 Coupe DeVille
1997 Sedan DeVille