News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Bill Tilden passed away - Long time Peach State Cadillac LaSalle Club Member

Started by Bill Caddyshack, October 21, 2013, 04:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Caddyshack

"Peach Staters will remember that Bill Tilden was a huge friend of all things Cadillac... and Packard, and Studebaker, and Chrysler... of cars in general. Bill ran down the spine of the Americas in an old Packard, he wrote extensively about the old car hobby, and he did a tour of duty with Chrysler corporate I'm told. He's been talking for a few years about hosting a Peach State get-together at his garage one day. But time ran short. Bill's health deteriorated. We lost our friend on Friday, October 18th. Bill is survived by his wife of many years, Marilyn, a daughter Amy, and two sons.

Richard Hickok, a good friend of Bill's and a Cadillac devotee himself, tells us that the arrangements are tentative, pending burial details at the National Cemetery in Canton. At this time the funeral has been planned for Monday, October 28th at 10:00 AM at St. Barnabas Anglican Church on North Peachtree Street. Richard says there may be a car caravan from the service to the cemetery, and we hope that works out.

We will let you know more as the arrangements become firm."

quote from Doug Bailey - PSCLC President

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Sorry to hear of Bill's passing. He always was willing to offer up his knowledge and to answer questions, when researching various cars.
Tim Pawl,   CLC#4383, Curator , CLCMRC

Doug Bailey

Thanks for posting this notice, Bill. I see that over 150 CLC members have read it... And thanks, Tim, for the kind words.

I was able to attend the visitation yesterday, and past president of Peach State CLC, Stan Tucker attended the funeral this morning. We ran into many of Bill's friends, from the Packard Club, CCCA, and of course Peach State Cadillac & LaSalle Club. Anyone who knew Bill knows that Bill never missed a chance to tell a great story about old cars and driving. We marveled at the ones involving road races in old Packards and Fords.

Bill will be missed. I am glad I got his book on Kaiser-Fraser cars of the Fifties at the Columbus GN a few years ago. Not because I am a huge fan of those marques, but because now I have something to remember ole Bill by...

Doug