News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Gratitude for Joe Culter

Started by C.R. Patton II, October 21, 2013, 08:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.R. Patton II

Hello

Last Friday at my place of employment a coworker approached me with a tale of her buddy who was selling an old car. Knowing that this coworker is usually a nincapoop I dismissed her fable. Today she walked up and sang music to my ears. "My buddy has reduced the price on that old Cadillac". Placing a Paul Ayres look on my face I calmly asked, "What year is it". She responded by calling her buddy then handing me the her phone. The gentleman was timid but indicated the vehicle was a 1948 Cadillac that he had owned for 30 years and paid for an engine rebuild ten years ago. My next question was the quizzical, "On a scale from 1 to 6 what would you rate your car? His reply was a #6 but it runs.

The gentleman provided the address and an appointment time. I was a little dejected because the car was not a LaSalle. Two thoughts went through my mind. Preparation and safety.  I wanted to prepare by contacting someone knowledgeable and trustworthy. CLC member Joe Culter is a humble expert with this vintage. I gave him a call and he equipped me with the key elements that I needed to assess this automobile. The next item on my list was safety. Looking at the address of the neighborhood I took my little friend with me for safety.

As I arrived at the domecile I looked in the frontyard garage and there it was...1948 Cadillac 6269. The gentleman brought out the #6 vehicle. Joe had prepped me on issues of this era model. Sure enough the gentleman's name must have been Barney Rubble. Every detail that Joe said would be a problem was. I am truly grateful to be a CLC member to have knowledgeable helpful people that are willing to assist.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

revgawright

G. A. Wright
Restitutio ad integrum!!!

C.R. Patton II

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.