News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Forum Members near Troy MI for PrePurchase Inspection?

Started by gregm, October 23, 2013, 10:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregm

I am looking for a member near Troy MI to look at a 1968 Eldo for me. Will gladly pay expenses.

Any takers? Email me caminosrule@aol.com
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

gary griffin

I made this request once and the retired members took the time to make a thorough inspection with a multitude of photos. The end result is that they saved me from making  a big mistake.

A few months ago another car I was interested in was available from a club member. I discussed it with him over two hours on the phone and knew he was sincere so I sent a deposit by overnight service.  I flew to his town and went to a bank and got the cash we had discussed (His asking price when combined with my deposit) and went to his home.

When we went to his garage I saw all of the flaws he had mentioned were exaggerated and the car was in far better condition than he had alluded to.  He had wanted to make sure I was not disappointed and he certainly did a good job of it.

Pictures and descriptions only tell the story the composer wants to tell. The real story can only be determined in the end by the buyer.

Counting motorcycles I have purchased probably 50 cars and motorcycles on eBay and found almost everyone had adequately described the vehicle but the ones that hedge in their own favor can cost you a lot of money and time.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

C.R. Patton II

Hello Greg

Glad to read you are interested in purchasing an Eldorado. If you are a contributor to the CLCMRC I will handle your request today for free. Contact me.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Chuck ... I have a '68 with 45K original miles that I bought about 10 years ago with less than 22,000 miles. If you make that inspection and have any questions about originality , give me a call . BB

Rob Troxel

Same here on helping evaluate the 68 Eldo.  I have repaired most of what can go wrong on my 68 slick top and would be happy to discuss what you learn in the inspection report. 

CR, you are very gracious to offer to help this guy out.  Reminds me that I need to contribute to Cadillac building fund  too.

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Rob & Chuck ... Another way to contribute to the CLCMRC is to participate in the "License Plate TOPPER  Program ".  You'll see all of the necessary ordering information in the CLC Annual Directory , or in a display ad published in the " Self-Starter" usually every other month . Toppers are offered by my company Cad-Com, Inc for $35.00 each and for every sale $20.00 is donated directly to the CLC Museum. Since the beginning of this program over $5000 has been donated , with more on its way. bb

harvey b

Bruce,those are very neat looking,one question for you,do they come with only Cadillac on the top or do they all say Cadillac Lasalle. would like one that only had Cadillac,am getting tired of people thinking my car is a lasalle?,that might help drive the point home. Harvey
Harvey Bowness

gregm

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on October 23, 2013, 12:38:22 PM
Hello Greg
Glad to read you are interested in purchasing an Eldorado. If you are a contributor to the CLCMRC I will handle your request today for free. Contact me.

Thanks for the help Charles, and I just joined the ranks as a CLCMRC contributor! I look forward to yoru assessment of the car.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

David King (kz78hy)

Greg,

If you strike out with any of the offers so far, I could help out.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Bruce Berghoff -#1476

Harvey.... I can make one special Topper, (or more) for you, or any other CLC member who would like one reading just "Cadillac" ...or just "LaSalle" . You'll find my mailing address in the CLC Directory in Michigan , and thanks for asking ! bb

C.R. Patton II

Hello Greg

I just arrived for the 6am appraisal. The agent is removing cars from the building to reach the suspect.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

gregm

6 am! Yikes!

From your terminology I would venture to guess you have a background in the military or law enforcement!

I missed your call last nite; working 12 hour shifts this weekend.

The car is back on epay so I do want your assessment asap.

I don't want to call you too early on a Sun. morning so I will wait until 11 but feel free to call my cell when convenient.

gregm

Thanks for the help Charles. I committed to purchase and will officially be joining the ranks of Cadillac ownership!