News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 series 61 door & trunk weatherstrip question

Started by lt morty, October 25, 2013, 07:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lt morty

Hi.

I need to purchase some New weatherstripping to stop rain from getting in. Sometimes it rains when i'm out driving...

Can someone recommend a good product / dealer?

The weatherstripping in the trunk need to be of the kind that leads the water down and out from the trunk / have some sort of a Canal /duct.

Looking forward to get some good advice.

Thanks
M Bjerkhaug
1941 Cadillac Series 61
1944 Ford GPW
Bantam trailer

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Steele Rubber. They have a site with the right stuff. I sat with Lynn at dinner one night in 1965 and he told me, that he had 20K in costs before he saw a nickel on his 1941 Stone guards, so they are concerned with authenticity.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Raymond919

I agree! They're great. I bought all the door and trunk weather stripping from them in addition to other various rubber parts. If you ask, they'll send you some samples so you can see if you like the part and how it fits in your car. They're easy to work with and the quality seems good.
If you're not in a rush, ask for one of their free catalogs and you can look up the various rubber pieces. There are many different sizes and variations from one to another.
Ray Schuman

gary griffin

I was not so happy with S----e, the door rubber was too firm and too thick to close the doors and I am changing to another company.  This is for a 1942 67 series.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

lt morty

Thanks for taking Your time sharing Your experiences.

What other company are You thinking of Gary? Could sure be interesting so see some different samples. I think I'll take my time asking for some samples.

Thanks

Morty
1941 Cadillac Series 61
1944 Ford GPW
Bantam trailer