News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Picture from todays drive

Started by Cooke, October 27, 2013, 03:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooke

Took the 38 out today and a friend got this pic for me, wish he got more. Unfortunately I lost wheel cover somewhere and can’t find it. So if anyone has a wheel cover for a 38 let me know. I always make sure that they are tight before I leave but this country rd was VERY bumpy, I didn’t even hear it go off.   Martin

C.R. Patton II

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

joeceretti

Your car is beautiful but those wheel disks are expensive!  :(

joeceretti

FYI, you can fix the droopy door handles with a drill, tap and some new set screws. did it to mine and they are nice and straight now.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Martin

You can find full wheel covers and centers at AllCads. Well worth the cost.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Glen

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on October 27, 2013, 11:10:07 PM

Hello Martin

You can find full wheel covers and centers at AllCads. Well worth the cost.

I thought they were sold out.  Am I wrong?  I hope so. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Gene Beaird

Quote from: Cooke on October 27, 2013, 03:06:31 PM
Took the 38 out today and a friend got this pic for me, wish he got more. Unfortunately I lost wheel cover somewhere and can’t find it. So if anyone has a wheel cover for a 38 let me know. I always make sure that they are tight before I leave but this country rd was VERY bumpy, I didn’t even hear it go off.   Martin

Beautiful ride!

Heh, when I was in school, we were in New Mexico on a field trip.  We were on a dirt path (not really much of a road) when a couple of us (not the driver) noticed the van was riding a lot worse than usual.  We figured we had a flat.  We stopped to have a look, and nope, no flat, but the tire had exited the van completely!!  Luckily, a friend of mine and I were very adept at changing tires.  We were ready to roll again in about 8 minutes while the rest of the van went looking for the tire.  They found it about 1/4 mile back, and we were done changing the tire before they got back with the 'escapee'. 

Never heard it leave the van.  :-)

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

KD

Ken Dennison

1935 Auburn S/C Cabroilet
1940 Cadillac V16 7 passenger Imperial Sedan (9033)
1929 Ford Closed Cab Pick Up
1960 Austin Healey Sprite