News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Newbie with question...

Started by gregm, October 28, 2013, 11:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregm

The first of many...how many companies have a catalog for reproductions parts? I know OPG does and ordered a catalog.

Need to get up to speed on whats available for a 1968 Eldorado. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

Davidinhartford

OPGI is probably your best shot for parts.   Caddy Daddy has some listed, but I think they are not exclusive to them.

http://www.caddydaddy.com/

There is ONE vendor to avoid who I am not allowed to name per forum rules, so if you want to know who they are just PM me.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Greg

I like your curiosity. David is absolutely correct. However I would delay any acquisitions besides a set of needed tires. There are numerous boxes in your trunk with parts etc., that I did not itemize. You do not want a duplicate purchase.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

gregm

Thanks Charles, I saw the trunk photo and wondered what was in all those boxes...

I was not going to buy anything as I have not even seen the car but wish to hit the ground runing when she gets here...goes back to my first year contracts professor, who taught me the five Ps: Proper Preperation Prevents Poor Performance.

Does anyone repop the Eldo floor mats? What do 68 Eldo floor mats look like?
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

Davidinhartford

Quote from: gregm on October 28, 2013, 02:11:46 PM
Thanks Charles, I saw the trunk photo and wondered what was in all those boxes...

I was not going to buy anything as I have not even seen the car but wish to hit the ground runing when she gets here...goes back to my first year contracts professor, who taught me the five Ps: Proper Preperation Prevents Poor Performance.

Does anyone repop the Eldo floor mats? What do 68 Eldo floor mats look like?

Sadly nobody is reproducing the Eldo floor mats.  They are similar to the rubber ones used on the 71-74 Eldorados, but have notches cut out for the seat track legs.      You could order the four piece set that is being repopped, but the eldos used a big one piece mat because of the flat floor.

gregm

What do you do for mats? I like the OEM look...what color were the original floor mats? Do you have a photos in your files?

Davidinhartford

My 68 Eldo still has its original tan rubber mats.

I'll snap a few photos of them tomorrow.

gregm

I spoke to owner about stuff in trunk and it includes...wait for it...THE ORIGINAL FLOOR MATS! Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Meeting half way in Pittsburgh to pick up car on Monday!