News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

53 Convertible interior dome light.

Started by rustytractor, November 04, 2013, 02:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

Quick question - in a 53 Convertible should the  interior dome light come on when the doors open ?

After many years of ignoring the broken switch on/off switch on the drivers side rear side panel I fixed mine yesterday but for the life of me I can't recall if the rear light came out automatically or not.

I must be getting old and forgetful !
Too many cars - too little time !!

Quentin Hall

Yes it should. The bolster switch will stop it coming on if it is in the off position.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

rustytractor

Quote from: Quentin Hall on November 04, 2013, 02:43:40 PM
Yes it should. The bolster switch will stop it coming on if it is in the off position.

Are you sure that the rear switch should turn the light off ? Unless mine has always been wired up wrong the rear side switch simply supplies a ground which can only complete the circuit and turn the light on when switched. 

To me it makes sense that the rear switch turns the light on with the doors shut if required. I know how to make it work when the door's open - I either need to find the broken ground wire which grounds out the rear light when a door is opened or run a new one.
Too many cars - too little time !!