News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

The Cadillac Database - errors, missing images

Started by veesixteen, November 05, 2013, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

I handed over responsibility for the Database to CLC member, JC Franchitti. I still help, when I have time, by processing new images or replacing poor one with better or larger ones. I'm sorry I started on this project too early, i.e. before we had all this new-fangled PhotoShop CS5  image-processing software and at a time when I had got only 20MB of available web space for the entire project; that's about enough, today, for 10 good-quality images ... in the current archives we have about 45,000 of them!

But that's not the point. What I'd like is for Database users to drop me an occasional Email (or use this Forum) to point out any errors, omissions or non-functioning hyperlinks they might come across. I noticed for example quite a few such "errors" on my recent trip to Europe when I was using computers other than my own. It seems I have a bad habit of forgetting to load to the remote site the new text and image files that I have stored on my home computer!!!

Meanwhile, please  pass on to JC (with a copy to me) any ideas you may have to improve the Database further, keeping in mind that the JC's efforts and mine are purely voluntary and unpaid!   
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Hyfire

Glad to see interest.  You have created a great resource.  It's obvious that you put tons of work in.  I've been there a thousand times.

My car (#609 in the Brougham database) has a bunch of errors in the listing. I've tried for three years to have it corrected, but it's never been corrected.

Amongst other things, it states my car most likely has a non-brougham (non-original) engine.  My engine is factory original AND is numbers matching according to Cadillac historic. 

That is a HUGE error that could cost me thousands if I ever sell... Or worse yet, scare away potential buyers.  If you can correct this I'd be very grateful.   

Great to see you back working on it... It's well worth the effort.

J. M. Ackerman

Chris Cummings

Thank you, Yann, for this unique and tremendous resource.  I have found it to be endlessly entertaining and extremely useful.  There's something in it for everyone in the Club, and to have it all organized, and in one centralized and accessible location is invaluable.

You're a scholar and a gentleman!!!

Best regards,

Chris Cummings
CLC 20072

C.R. Patton II

Hello Yann

I concur with Chris. Your sacrifice and unselfishness for the CLC should be bottled and shared. Thank you very much.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

N Kahn