News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Is it just me?

Started by joeceretti, November 06, 2013, 12:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeceretti

Is it just me or do the 1940 Caddys look like they have Groucho Marx's moustache? To clarify, more the LaSalle. I think Hailey knew what was coming and he wanted some humour. I am probably wrong though.

TJ Hopland

Been watching the movie Cars recently?   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

joeceretti

I must assume it is just me, especially since my wife just laughed at me about this.

Quentin Hall

G'day Joe, I think perhaps only you . . . and perhaps Salvidore Dali could see the Groucho Marx moustache.  Have you talked to your Dr about adjusting your prescription? Mind you it sounds like you are probably enjoying the ride where it presently is. hehe.
         But while we are talking, what about the Bette Davis eyes on the 39s???  The Jane Russell hips on the 53 Eldo??? Monica Lewinski lips on . . . 
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

joeceretti

Or the gull wings on the mercedes.

joeceretti

Now THAT is an excellent idea. Which one should I get?.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/jesus-bobblehead

Yep, Groucho

Richardonly

I see it in the photos, BUT let's not forget The "Dagmar" bumpers of the 50s.

Mine being a 1948, had "training" Dagmars on it, lol.
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Dan LeBlanc

A message from 49er

Joe, this is what I have. Everybody had their faiths religious symbols on their dash. Hard to find today, sadly, do you remember? Art

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

MB49Caddy

Quote from: Joe Ceretti on November 09, 2013, 09:15:07 AM
Now THAT is an excellent idea. Which one should I get?.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/jesus-bobblehead

Yep, Groucho

I just don't see it...maybe it's just you. ;D
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

Tito Sobrinho

Joe, moustache or non moustache, this design was influenced by Tjaarda's Lincoln Zephyr. Another design that influenced the automotive industry, was G. Buehrig's Cord 810/812 the "coffin nose" that you see on yours '38 60 Special and to some extend, on the '41 Cadillac.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.