News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959-60 Tri-power

Started by 60eldo, November 06, 2013, 11:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

I have a 59-60 tri-power intake, there is a hole on drivers side at the bottom centre. Does anyone know what this is for? Is there a tube that goes in it, and then to something?
Jon. Kluczynski

76eldo

There's a hole in the center on the passenger side for the choke tube which presses into the hole.  The only hole on the driver's side is for a vacuum fitting and is a fairly large threaded hole in line with the front carb, not in the center.  If you have a hole where you describe, someone may have drilled it for some reason.  See attached photos.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

60eldo

Thanks Brian, but Im talking about this hole bottom centre, where does that go to. Also whats that front spring I see on yours,,,I dont have that on my car and it runs fine
Jon. Kluczynski

60eldo

Anyone know what this hole in center is for?
Jon. Kluczynski

mickey56

On the 59 4 barrel I just finished there was a tube That went through the
exaust crossover (mine rusted out had to replace). Passenger side Is plummed
to the auto choke for heat. drivers side was left open. Vac. pulls heat to the choke
housing to relax the spring and open the choke. I think the hole you see is just
left open. Mine works that way.

60eldo

Jon. Kluczynski