News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Intro and my 1948 Series 62 Sedan

Started by Doc Hubler, November 13, 2013, 10:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Hubler

Hi, I've just joined this forum, and looking for more info and let this community what I'm working on.  Primarily, I enjoy Hudsons and Mopars, but I do have a few GM products as well (and 1 Ford).  I am trying to complete my restoration of a 67 Olds Toronado, which share quite a few basics with the 67 Eldorado.  The Toro itself had the Comfortron or automatic climate control, along with almost all the other options you could get on that car.  Getting close, and that has been quite a journey to take everything apart and restore it.  FOr this forum, I will post a more detailed question of interest for me regarding the 1948 Cadillac in the Technical forum.  Here are a few pictures of the dash and door valances that I have redone for the Caddy, which was leathergrained.  If anybody is interested in help to get to their interiro pieces done, please let me know.  And please comment on how you think this looks (these haven't been polished yet, and there are some dog hairs and glare on them!).  Personnally, I would make the grain a little darker, but I think it's pretty close to original.  I've included a few other pictures of my other restored cars.  Thanks, Tim

Cars pictured:  1950 Hudson Pacemaker Deluxe sedan; 1967 Toronado car/dash
Tim Hubler #28450

1948 Cadillac 4862X 4Dr Sedan

1933 Hudson Standard 8
1940 Plymouth Bus. Coupe
1941 Hudson Pickup, Bus. Coupe, Sedan
1942 DeSoto Club Coupe
1946 Dodge 3W Bus. Coupe
1946 Chevrolet Suburban
1950 Hudson Commodore Coupe / Pacemaker Sedan
1951 Hudson Hornet
1955 Chevrolet 1/2T Pickup
1956 Hudson Super Wasp
1960 Dodge Dart
1967 Oldsmobile Toronado
1968 Mercury Park Lane Brougham

okccadman

Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Jeff Maltby 4194

48 has a different color-texture, but here's a few of my mint factory original 49 FB dash.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

C.R. Patton II

Hello Tim

Welcome!

Please join our national organization and a local region near your residence to enjoy the full benefits of Cadillac & LaSalle Club membership.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Doc Hubler

Thanks for the replies!

Jeff:  Beautiful 49-- have you any other pictures of it?  The 49s I had see made me think that Cadillac abandoned these types of dashes and just painted them.  I think they used the 48 dash only once because it was a little less conventional and much more difficult to build/service.  I did the best I could matching the colors from the original pieces.  It is difficult because some types of finishes can darken (lacquer clear yellows/darkens) while of course if left in the sun, the rest fades. 

My car had basically about every option you could get.  Hydroelectric windows and seat and under seat heater (I guess some cars had two heaters).  It has always been in eastern WA and had the original seat covers on it as well.  I think I can trace the provenance back to the original owner.  Can you tell me if the centers in the sombrero wheel covers were originally cloisonne or just painted?  I did some where I painted them and they actually look fine. 
Tim Hubler #28450

1948 Cadillac 4862X 4Dr Sedan

1933 Hudson Standard 8
1940 Plymouth Bus. Coupe
1941 Hudson Pickup, Bus. Coupe, Sedan
1942 DeSoto Club Coupe
1946 Dodge 3W Bus. Coupe
1946 Chevrolet Suburban
1950 Hudson Commodore Coupe / Pacemaker Sedan
1951 Hudson Hornet
1955 Chevrolet 1/2T Pickup
1956 Hudson Super Wasp
1960 Dodge Dart
1967 Oldsmobile Toronado
1968 Mercury Park Lane Brougham

Jeff Maltby 4194

Don. Here's some pictures of a 48-9 oem hubcap medallion vs a reproduction :<)
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500