News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Grille in 57 Cadillac Fleetwood restoration

Started by Dennis Branch, November 14, 2013, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Branch

My 57 Fleetwood has the gold package ( I assume that is what you call it) The grille is of a gold color, I am wanting to put it back to its originality. Does anyone know what color of gold and how is the best way to do it. As always any input is truly appreciated!
Dennis Branch
Ms. Gulf Coast
dennisbranchsremail addresses not permitted

Walter Youshock

You should have it reanodized.  It should be similar in color to the rest of the gold trim that came on the car--the "V"s, scripts and crest bezel. 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Grant Owen

Dennis, The Gold on the Grille should be darker rather than light , I have some NOS V's I may use on my 57 Eldorado the Gold is darker rather than light. The repo V's you get are plated & not anodised & the color differs. The Original Anodising does fade over time when exposed to the elements & it will appear light. If you have no luck restoring your Grille let me know as I am now making New 57 Grills the first lot is going to the Anodiser next week I will be doing them in both Gold & Silver. The only thing left to do on the Grills is to finish the pressing tools for the new Clips . I will find my Anodising samples & post a picture of the Gold I use.

Walter Youshock

I agree with Grant on the color.  Also, the slats were originally extruded and had a faint brushed look.  I was told that the original anodizing has to be completely removed which will also alter that underlying extrusion.

Grant, what are you asking for a NEW grille?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Dennis Branch

Grant, thank all of you for your input. When you get to the point of ready to sell a new one let me know.
Thanks again!!
Trying to make the ole girl beautiful again!!
Dennis Branch
Ms. Gulf Coast
PS: Grant my 57 was out of the same collection that " THE DUCHESS " that will be auctioned at RM Auctions November 21st.