News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Series 62 Coupe, what is the correct headliner color and material?

Started by Sean Roe, November 17, 2013, 07:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Roe

Hi Everyone,
I have a '59 Series 62 coupe that has had its interior redone in the past.
I think they changed the headliner color, but can't seem to find any documentation on what color and material type it should be.
Since they didn't install the headliner correctly, I figure it's a good time to also correct the color if it isn't right.
Does anyone have the information or pictures available?
My car has trim code 30, the black and white interior. Currently, it has black cloth for the headliner.
Thanks in advance,
Sean

Grant Owen

Series 62 with trim code 30 should have a Gray cloth patterned headliner, the sun visors should be split vinyl & cloth , devilles had Record Groove vinyl headliner with all vinyl (record groove) sun visors . Attached pic of a Series 62 Coupe I had .

Sean Roe

Hi Grant,
Thanks for the response and picture. I found a gray napped cotton headliner kit on OPGI.
I'll get the visors corrected at the same time. They too are currently black cloth.
Great looking interior on your old Coupe! Seeing your door panels reminds me that they need to get corrected as well. They were covered smooth and don't have the correct pattern in them. That might be a challenge to get corrected. The car I bought was not restored very accurately :-(
Sean