News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1979 Paris pickup

Started by Ppoli117, November 28, 2013, 10:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ppoli117

Just completed resto on my 1979 Paris (see photos). Looking for info or what value might be.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

At last, someone else with a "Paris". I don't see the "Paris" or the coachworks emblems on your car which would help to verify this in fact is one of the (somewhere near) 200 originally made by the coachworks.  What interior do you have in it, and what engine? Do the electric tail gate release and the "storage compartment " door system work?  Which engine do you have in it? What is the finish and condition of the bed?
All these things will contribute to determine the value.
That said, I believe there are less than a dozen of these left, and I also have one.  Mine is "in progress" and will be completed with the padded top and side rails as originally equipped.  Since mine had a bad rod bearing when I got it (it had been sitting in the North Texas dirt for over a decade) the mot5or going in it (this next week) is a 472.  All told I expect to have about 18 K in the car but I would not expect to get more than $10,000 for it.  It is a labor of love, and since I am the only one in Texas without a pick-um up truck, it will let me fit in.
Seriously, I would post some more pictures of the interior, the engine compartment, and the bed, figure what you have in it and ask for whatyou think is reasonable.  There is no intrinsic value as a collector car, it is what ever the buyer might feel it is worth.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Ppoli117

Thanks Greg!!  I will post additional photos this week.  I have all the Paris nameplates just left them off.  I didn't replace padded roof due to rust and rot under original. I replaced seat covers, door panels and carpet  I will send photos.  Electric rear compartment door fully operational?  Rear bed redone and covered with rhino liner mixed to match paint.  I have about 15000.00 in car at this point.  She needs tune up, and GM radio to be installed.  Love to see photos of you car.  Do you have any written info on cars or do you know where to obtain? 

TJ Hopland

Were they originally built with those whitewalls and those hubcaps?   Hubcaps are an early (50's 60's?)Eldo style?   To me the wide white walls look out of place otherwise its a neat looking car.

Did that builder do some of the Eldo conversions too or was that someone else?   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Ppoli117

No they actually had black walls and wire hubcaps.  I liked the wide whites and the hub caps are 1957 caddie.  I have original hub caps.  I don't know if they did eldorado conversion, trying to get more info. American custom coach is no longer in business.

TJ/Pete,
They were a little  "looser" on features than the previous "Mirage" conversions.  You could get what ever wheels and tires you wanted, with many of them going to Vogues.  White walls were, of course what all Cadillacs came with. Yes, American Custom Coach works did do other conversions.  They did Coupe and Eldo conversions to convertibles again under the "Paris" marque, and they also did limo conversions which was their previous and later mainstay.  They are still listed with a Beverly hills CA address and phone number, but are (I believe) out of the custom car modifications business.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
CLC #15364
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille

Davidinhartford

Nice looking truck!     I like the two-tone paint a lot!

Ppoli117

Thanks!!!  Where did you get that photo?  I did not take it

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Ppoli117 on November 28, 2013, 06:20:14 PM

Dave is the unofficial CLC Cadillac image archivist.

If he doesn't have it, it probably doesn't exist... ;D

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

joeceretti

The question is, were you watching Mama Won't Fly or Captain Philips?

Ppoli117

Neither  if you could see the whole sign the top says Marathon Liquors.  Just stocking up!!!!!

76eldo

That's a great looking truck!  Does the tailgate function or is it stationery?

Hubcaps and tires are always a personal preference, but I'd go with either Fleetwood wire wheels or wire caps with 1.6 inch whitewalls.  Those caps and tires really have a 50's look, which is cool, but a late 70's look would make that just a killer truck.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Ppoli117 on November 28, 2013, 06:20:14 PM

Hi Pete!

The NSA watches everyone!   LOL

But seriously,  One of my spotters sent the photo to me.     

Ppoli117

Good to know,  most of us in the Florida Keys are hiding from someone!!!!!

soonerinmo

Cool Caddy Pete!

I bet you turn a lot of heads with that? I have yet to see one of those in the wild, but I can see why with their limited production. Myself, I'd love to get a hold of a Le Cabriolet or a San Remo some day. Thanks for helping me catch the coach built bug again! :D
Brian Combs ><>

'67 Fleetwood Sixty Special (Sold)
'08 DTS

Ppoli117

Thanks for kind words,  I too love the San Remo.  That's a hard find

Pete,
There should be a vertically operating door that closes off the storage space behind the front seats (under the bed) that is operated by an electric  (window) motor.  Also the trunk should have a release button under the cadillac emblem on the tail gate that operates the release solonoid on the left side of the gate. Is your motor carbureted or Fuel Injected, and does the level ride system still work.  Sat the Class III hitch. Is that something you put on or did it come with the car?
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
CLC #15364
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille

Ppoli117

Rear interior door works great,  tail gate also.  Trl hitch was on car when I bought it.  The guy I bought it from towed motorcycles.

Ppoli117

Greg

I have an auto appraiser that I use coming to appraise paris today.   Will keep you updated if you like

76eldo

Brian

Ill have a really nice 81 Hess and Eisenhardt Eldo convertible for sale shortly.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS