News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Started by Davidinhartford, December 01, 2013, 04:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

Barry M Wheeler #2189

When I sold my brother his Riviera while selling cars, he insisted on cloth seats, but wanted the best quality Bose sound system. Go figure. But the last time he got a new car, he bought an STS for him and a CRX for my sister-in-law.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Big Apple Caddy

I wonder if this car was caught in the middle of a standard vs. optional equipment change during the model year.  When the car was ordered power trunk lid, twilight sentinel and illuminated entry may have been optional and not ordered by the dealer or customer but by the time it was built and priced, those items were now standard and since this car was ordered without had to be shown as deleted for credit.

It was not uncommon especially back then for once optional equipment to become standard during the model year or vice versa.

Doug Houston

I  had thought it a bit irregular recently, when I saw one of the cars that a deputy sheriff was driving in this area. It had an AM-FM Stereo radio in it. I asked my deputy pal, what gives with that radio?? The answer was that it a COST DELETE item: they had to pay extra to leave it out!!  Just, don't turn it on!

Yes, I recall riding in a Cadillac hearse, with a blank radio cover  on the dash. Looked mighty funny, but they did make radio covers!
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

Rich S

Another possibility to consider is that particular options may have been unavailable from a supplier during a particular time period during the model year--thus something "standard" may have been listed as delete/credit.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe