News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 Cadillac Paris Convertible

Started by Dan Marinola, January 28, 2014, 03:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Marinola

Does anyone know anything about a Cadillac Paris convertible? It was supposed to resemble the Le Cabriolet,but with a little different top structure. Anyone knowledgeable about prices i.e what would a fair price be for one. Thanks,Dan Marinola
Daniel P. Marinola

76eldo

Dan,

Think twice if anything is broken or missing.  I have owned a few Hess & Eisenhardt cars, and have 3 Eldo's on hand right now.  Parts are non-existent as far as latches, quarter glass, moldings, etc.

The Le Cabriolet's fetch between 12-15,000 for nice ones, more if really mint, but not too many are.  If it needs paint, top, interior work, certainly under $10,000.

Good luck,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Jerry Puma

Dan,

According to the Cadillac Database, American Custom Coachworks made about 100 of the Paris convertibles. It also notes that there was an article about them in the April 1997 Self-Starter. I have my copy - if you can't locate yours before the meeting on Saturday, I'll look for it.

Jerry
Jerry Puma
1964 Eldorado
1961 Series 62 6-window

Dan Marinola

Thanks for the replys Brian and Jerry. Jerry found a Paris convertible in LA on craigslist for $15,500. Looks real nice. Unfortunately can't go to LA to buy it,but there is one here locally that I may be able to procure. Just depends if we can reach an agreeable price!
Daniel P. Marinola