News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Question about windshield washer pick up

Started by Aprules2, December 12, 2013, 12:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aprules2

I have a 1975 Cadillac Coupe DeVille and I forgot how to put the pickup back together in the windshield washer reservoir. I took it out to try to clean the bottle when I took it out everything fell apart I tried to reassemble it but I'm not sure if I have everything in the right order because the two won't stay out anymore does anyone have a picture of how it goes back together

TJ Hopland

I seem to recall that the assembly was not really built to be taken apart.   I remember doing it one time and it never quite worked correctly again.   I seem to recall the sensor board was riveted to the lid.  The lid was more or less the same as the plain cars with the pickup tube elbow molded into it.   The pickup tube just pressed on and there was a spring on a float with a magnet at the top that activated the sensor.   So from bottom to top on the pickup it was the pickup screen, float, spring, magnet.

All from my fuzzy memory so results may vary. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Aprules2

Thank you I am going to try tonight and see if it works. I gave up and thought no one was going to answer me. I just hope all the muck was the reason the washer wasn't squirting..