News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1968 deville running lights not working

Started by k-conover, December 14, 2013, 12:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k-conover

I have a 1968 deville and the running lights are not working, the head lamps work, break lamps work, directional lights work but the switch is broken, but for some reason my running lights do not. if anyone has any ideas on what this could be plz help.

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Is there a separate fuse for the running lights?
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

k-conover

yes the 12 fuse its a 25A I replaced it once but I may take it out and put another in

k-conover

Still no running lights, plate or side lights: power to fuse,. I also do not have ability to low beam, high beam only.

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

My 70 schematic isn't much help.  It appears there may be a breaker in the switch itself but not sure if it controls everything or not.  And not even sure if yours has it.  Probably easiest to unplug the headlight switch and run a jumper from power to the parking lights and see if they come alive that way.  Probably your switch. 
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille