News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New Garage for the toys.

Started by jagbuxx #12944, December 14, 2013, 03:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagbuxx #12944

Finally after 9 months,(like a baby), the new barn is ready to hold the horse(power). Moved into the house about 9.5 months ago with the vision to build this barn. Before & after
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

76eldo

Looks great!  Enjoy the new digs.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Jeff Wilk

Wait.... This must be a hoax..... Where is your SNOW covered driveway and everything else?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

jagbuxx #12944

Aahhh, one of the benefits of living in SoCal....35 minutes to the beach, 90 minutes to some snow...
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Peter Nieuwlandt

Frank

Nice garage !!! and nice cars !

The 47 would have looked good in there… but it looks good here too !

Peter
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

R Schroeder

Looking good Frank.
Picture of perfection.
Roy

C.R. Patton II

Hello Frank

Very nice garage.

Let's find a LaSalle for your collection?
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

TJ Hopland

Nice.  9 months seems very quick for that sort of project.   For me I would be lucky to get er done in 9 years.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

gary griffin

Nice garage Frank, but is it big enough and is it tall enough?  When I built mine 50 x 30 with 4 bays I made it higher than necessary. Back when it was big enough (Before I had so many cars and had more motorcycles) my old lady talked me into building a guest room above 3 bays and later she wanted a new MKZ and talked me out of a garage space for that one. That left me with one high bay that now holds a lift and a garage that is way too small. I wish I had made the guest room much smaller and could add two more lifts. Per square foot lifts are cheap storage space. Now I have a car at my rental and one in a warehouse and no room to add on to my garage. Not to big of a problem since my wallet has been diminishing since I retired last year.

NO GARAGE is big enough except possibly Jay Leno's.  The problem is to find the cash to fill it.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Gene Beaird

Filling it is EASY.  Finding the ca$h to build it big enough is the enigma.

This is a week after the epoxy cured:

The third cover in is our Calais.

That shop is now full.  We're going vertical now.   ;D

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

Jeff Wilk

Whats the ballpark figure for a monster garage like that?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

TJ Hopland

Gene, looks like you have the height for 3 stories!   

Just curious did you go that high for a reason or was it just the closest standard height that you thought would be enough?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

gary griffin

Gene,

I am jealous, what a garage!!  how many cars do you plan on storing and I assume you will be using lifts for additional storage and that you reserved space to work on your cars.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Jason Edge

Frank, You have a fantastic garage and have to say it put's my simple stick built 3 bay garage to shame. I like the unique styling that sets it apart from the large open aircraft hanger garages I see.  It is uniquely you and congratulate you on a fine home for your unique collection. Jason.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Jeff Moffo

I love the blue '76 and the red '70!  Two of my favorites...and they fit nicely!  Good luck
Jeff M
North Jersey
Best of all, it's a Cadillac....
'76 Coupe DeVille - Claret (Sold)
'73 Series 60 Fleetwood (Sold)
'76 Coupe DeVille-Dunbarton Green

Gene Beaird

Sorry to thread-jack, Mr. Burns!  I just wanted to show that they'll never be too big.

Mr. Wilk, it ran just a little over $100K for the building with a side section that's covered, the pad it sits on and 200 amp service pulled to the building.  The scary part was the power to the building.  The copper pulls alone from a pole by the house to the shop was $7K alone!!  That killed the light install when the building was built.

TJ, yes, it's a 20' building.  After living on the property for 10 years and refinancing, we had enough equity we could finally build that thing.  The original plan was to have space to build second-story storage and have a little apartment so guests could stay out there and a place to clean up or have lunch when I'm out there working on long projects.  The bids came in, and all the second story stuff got whacked from the build sheet until we arrived at a price we could live with.   

We kept the height, hoping we can add at least storage and maybe a small efficiency apartment on a second floor later.  That dream still lives.

Gary, yes, space to store and space to 'play'.  We currently have nine vehicles there (we had 10, but our niece's RAV4 that she was storing there while studying in London for a year just picked it up), including our truck and open trailer we tow the race car with, and room to work on a car.  We have about 8-9 'slots' along one long wall to park cars in, and the truck/trailer are pulled in lengthwise.  That gives us room to work on one car and have plenty of space to move around it.  We also have a covered overhang that goes the length of the building down one side that I use to do oil changes and other dirty stuff. 

Because of the total price of the building, we had to wait a couple of years to add overhead lights (what a joy those are) and some driveway so we can get out of the shop when the weather gets wet.  We still need more driveway, and I do want a lift or two, but we're getting there.  Right now it's very workable, even if I do have to roll around on the floor when working on cars. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

C.R. Patton II

Hello Gene

Your building sounds great but we need to find a LaSalle for you to enjoy young man.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Dan LeBlanc

We just finished renovating our garage and had the Fleetwood in temporary storage. It's now home where it belongs.

Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Gene Beaird

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on December 17, 2013, 10:46:35 AM

Hello Gene

Your building sounds great but we need to find a LaSalle for you to enjoy young man.
Heh, indeed.  There ARE two Cadillacs in there now, though.  Additionally, I do have to share the space with my wife's toys, too.   ;)

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

jaxops

Quote from: jagbuxx #12944 on December 14, 2013, 03:10:19 PM
Finally after 9 months,(like a baby), the new barn is ready to hold the horse(power). Moved into the house about 9.5 months ago with the vision to build this barn. Before & after

You are my hero!  I would love to do that also with my next house. Nice job!!!!
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA