News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

77 Seville FM Stereo

Started by mechanic80, December 17, 2013, 08:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mechanic80

I just installed a stereo from Custom Autosound with NO dash modification in the Seville, and I couldn't be happier!  It pulls in LOTS more stations than the original 8 track, the sound quality is great even with the 35 year old speakers, and although it was a somewhat time-consuming trial and error install, ultimately it looks GREAT!  For a unit under $200 it has to be the best money I've spent in a long time.  I highly recommend  this seller if you can do without absolute originality. Look for Suncoast-Classics.com
mechanic80

TJ Hopland

Which model did you end up going with?     Do they offer an adapter harness that plugs into the original plugs?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Gene Beaird

Did you use this one:

http://www.suncoast-classics.com/catalog.php/SuncoastClassics/dt97055/pd2188110/Cadillac_1969-86_Retro_Classic_Radio

That looks nice.  Unfortunately, I think the PO went at the dash in our 79 with a sawsall! 

>:(
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

mechanic80

Yes,  I bought the basic model illustrated by Suncoast Classics, Gene.  Wiring is not adapter-ready plug-and-play.  Splicing is required.  I used 3M taps easily found on E-Bay.  Not the one piece parallel wire kind but the two piece that can be easily removed with only minor effort.  (Remove the ECM for more space to work.)  What I was amazed at was that there's a positive and a negative speaker wire and sound quality can be affected if the connections are reversed.  In spite of the dozens of  mathematical possibilities of connection pairings,  the very first sound test was even better
than factory original!  Did I mention that it looks great?!
mechanic80