News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Any Recommendation on Tires?

Started by Bentley, December 23, 2013, 01:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley

Does anyone have a recommendation on tire brands for a '68 DeVille? I want the white 1" sidewall in the P235/75-R15 size. I live in a warm climate so a standard tread would be best. I drive the car about 3,000 miles a year, so a real high-mileage tire isn't necessary.

Thanks,
Wes
Wes Bentley
CLC # 30183

Coupe Deville

Hello Wes. My 72 Coupe Deville has had Cooper tires on it for about two years. Same size and whitewall measurements as your needs. This is not a daily driver by any means ether. We take it out every couple weeks. I like the appearance of the sidewall and road noise is minimal to none.

Good Luck

-Gavin
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

66 Eldo

I have the Coopers (Lifeliner) also on my 66. They ride nice and are quiet. Hankook makes a good tire in our size too. However, both of these tires are 3/4" whitewall. To get the 1" you may have to go with a special order tire like Diamondback at double the price.

35-709

It seems that Coopers and Hankooks are about the only 235-75R15 tires left in a whitewall and 3/4 inch is what you get.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Bentley

Thanks for the recommendations. I got the Hankooks. Needed to get it done today because I will taking the car on a road trip this weekend.
Wes Bentley
CLC # 30183