News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Dyna Beads wheel balancing anybody using them?

Started by chris cunliffe, January 09, 2014, 11:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris cunliffe

Are any forum members using Dyna Beads in their tires? In another post a member was having problems fitting hub caps with wheel weights and I suggested using Dyna Beads which I had seen on a motorcycle forum.I have not tried them myself but some of the testimonials on their web site were impressive,so if there are any members using them let us know.Here is the link again
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php
1957 Eldorado Seville #967

R Schroeder

Seems mighty strange to me. But ,who knows.
It says that the beads will distribute themselves as the wheel turns. What happens when you stop, or park. They all fall to the bottom again. I wonder how long it takes for them to adjust in the tire.
I don't think it would be for me.
Seems the tires would bounce along until them found themselves , and then start al over once you took off again.
Roy

dadscad

I have not personally used the Dyna Beads, but a friend of mine has used them for several years in two of his motorcycles. His claim is, they work well. The only complaint he has, when he removes the worn out tire, it's hard to catch all of the beads without spilling some.

One thing to consider, a motorcycle tire is only good for 10-15 K miles, give or take some. A car tire will usually be on there a lot longer than that. There could be some erosion of the inner liner to consider when using in a car tire. There has never been any issue with liner wear with his usage in motorcycle tires.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

R Schroeder

I have owned several cycles, and never really found that the tires needed to much weight on them to balance them out.
Usually one spot , and the weight was small.
He got better mileage out of his tires than I ever did. One bike I owned for 12 years and went through 3 back tires ,and one front tire. Guess I should have stopped spinning them on the pavement.

harry s

The Dyna Bead method of balancing is the way most large truck tires are balanced. It does seem strange but works well.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

TJ Hopland

What seems strange to me is this would seem like a very quick inexpensive way to do it.  If it worked that well the manufacturers would be all over it because you know they are all about quicker and cheaper.

It was also suggested that on a tubeless tire that they could maybe work themselves into the bead area as the tire flexes and such and cause issues there.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

dadscad

LOL......Roy, if ya twist the grip pretty good, it's gonna slip that rear tire. He and I have both gone through a set of tires on our Wings every year, give or take a couple or so months. My Wing is an 02 model, it has about 108K on it now. He sold his 02 Wing with 112K on it. His ZRX Kawasaki goes through a set of tires about every 3-4K miles. He bought a Yamaha FJR 1300 last March, it has over 12K on it now and he's on the third rear tire, second front. For us, 12K is just about tops for MC tires.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

R Schroeder

Yes Dave, back then I had a need for speed......ha
Roy

gene harl

Hi all  ,,, I ran beads in the front tires of my 18 wheeler for years, many miles.. never had a balance problem, they worked good for me....
Gene Harl