News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Taylor Vinson auto literature collection opens January 2

Started by veesixteen, December 31, 2013, 08:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

This just in, for all those interested in Automobile literature (Cadillac or otherwise):

The Z. Taylor Vinson Collection â€" Open to the Public on January 2nd
---------------------------------
Posted on December 30, 2013

Attention readers! For a little more than 3 years, you have been patiently waiting for the day in which you could access the materials found in the Z. Taylor Vinson Collection. Today, it gives me great me pleasure to notify you that the long wait is almost over. On January 2, 2014, the Z. Taylor Vinson Collection will be officially open to the general public. Beginning on January 2nd, researchers will be able to visit Hagley and take a first-hand look at the wonderful materials found in the collection.
---------------------
Click link below for complete description of collection:

http://findingaids.hagley.org/xtf/view?docId=ead/20100108_ZTV.xml
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

David Greenburg

That collection should be fascinating.  I worked with Taylor at NHTSA in the late '80s, and of course knew he was a collector, but had no idea of the scale until invited to an office party at his house, which included the "autotorium."
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special