News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Self Starter Stock?

Started by Jeff Wilk, January 03, 2014, 05:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

I rec'd my SS yesterday all tattered and torn in the mail. When i finished flattening it out i noticed that the paper is very thin and flimsy. Sure enough, i checked a handy copy from earlier in 2013 and the paper stock, especially the cover, is much heavier and thicker. What happened here?  Why?  Is this a cost issue due to rising postal charges?  Id be willing to pay a couple of more dollars a year to cover the price increase as opposed to having this pub get cheapened.
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Art Director

Hello Jeff,

The CLC Office will be happy to replace your torn and tattered copy. Contact them at cadlasalleclub@aol.com, and Mike and Nancy will get a new copy in the mail to you.

As the designer, I'm not aware of the paper stock going thinner on the magazine. I'll find out. Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Dan LeBlanc

I didn't realize they had extra issues. I didn't receive my September, October, and November issues.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Art Director

Jeff, Mike Book from the CLC Office is mailing you a new copy and we don't believe the paper stock changed. We signed a new five-year agreement with the printer back in August and it took effect with the October 2013 issue.

Dan, did your CLC membership expire? You would have received a membership reminder letter at least a month or two before expiration. We publish 11 months per year, January through November. You can find out what month your membership expires by looking at your mailing label on a recent copy of The Self-Starter. Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold