News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fuel tanks for 76-79 seville

Started by john hogan, January 06, 2014, 07:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john hogan

I read the post  looking for a new tank!  None Available

My question: will a 76-79 nova, olds buick tank be the same as the seville??

The seville shares the same trunk pan as the nova,an the nova repop tanks are available!! any help please,Thank You.

TJ Hopland

I don't know for sure but the manufactures and parts stores are usually pretty good about listing things under all the apps they fairly directly fit.    I see tanks listed for Nova but not Seville so there has to be something different.   Who knows what the difference is, perhaps its because the Seville was EFI so it has baffles?  Maybe the Nova tank is the same but no baffles?  If that is all I would not let it stop me.  I'm running EFI in non baffled tanks sometimes you take a long hard corner with less than a 1/4 tank you get a few hiccups but it does not seem to be a huge issue.

Whats wrong with your current tank? 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Gene Beaird

Hmm, the Seville is actually a bit wider than the Nova, but the location of the tank straps might just be in the right place.  Unfortunately, the only way to be sure is to get the replacement tank measurements including the size/location of the hole for the sending unit/fuel inlet and the distance between the straps (and perhaps the distance those straps are from the centerline of the tank).

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

mauro

ARE YOU STILL LOOKING FOR A FUEL TANK?
i live my life like a dog, i smell it, if i can't eat it or screw it, i just pee on it and walk away