News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Are the sun visors for a 1959 flat top different than the other roofs?

Started by Sean Roe, January 06, 2014, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Roe

Hi,
I haven't been able to find any documentation, but based on a few pictures I've been able to find, it seems the 1959 flat top (four window sedan) may have a sun visor that's a little shorter and doesn't have the cut out to go around the side of the rear view mirror. Can anyone tell me if that's correct?
I have a flat top without sun visors and I'd like to make sure I'm getting the correct ones.
Thanks in advance.
Sean

Roger Zimmermann

Sean, there must be a difference: in the MPB, there is a part number for model 6229 with trim 31 and another part number for the models 6239 & 6237 for the same trim 31.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Sean Roe

It caught my eye on one flat top picture that the visors were straight, where every other visor I've seen came down to the mirror sides, so I started looking around more.
I didn't realize there was a roof line difference on the flat top that required it, but I'm glad I looked.
Thank you for checking into it  :)