News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A lot of work on this Custom 57/58 Brougham

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, January 07, 2014, 06:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

My first thought was , why would somebody do this ?  Someone had their imagination working on this old Caddy .Has any body seen this car before? Or know any thing about it ?

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

austingta

Alex D.

The car looks very well done, but because you can does not mean you should.

A. Dunkle
1932 370B  V12

The Tassie Devil(le)

At least the owner has class.   He could have commissioned a Lincoln Continental for the conversion, and then the Lincoln people would be complaining.

Anyone needing Wheelchair Access deserves the best.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

redsails

Ouch! It was a perfectly fine (and dignified) car to begin with. Why ruin it?

Brian C.

INTMD8

A lot of fabrication work there but I just can't get on board with the final product.

I wonder what happened to all of the extra parts. I noticed it didn't end up with the polarized visors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DmfUD7dZDY

Eldorado Tex

"There was only 514 of those made; you don't turn that car into a lowrider."

You get the point. Use a Series 62, maybe a Sixty Special, even a Series 75, but not an Eldorado Brougham especially a nice one at that.

redsails

Quentin Hall

Honestly the only thing I can think of is . . . can someone get me the ditzy blonde with the expensive shopping bags ph number ???
  I can just imagine her twitter feed. "OMG just saw the most AMAAAAAAAAZZZZzzing Chevy whilst shopping in Monte Carlo (as you do). LOL "
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Quentin Hall

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on January 07, 2014, 06:30:57 PM
At least the owner has class.   He could have commissioned a Lincoln Continental for the conversion, and then the Lincoln people would be complaining.

Anyone needing Wheelchair Access deserves the best.

Bruce. >:D
Bruce , mate, time to turn the dial down on your medication. The owner has NO class to commission such an abomination of bad taste. It hurts even more when I saw the car that it started as . One of the best preserved Kenya Beige originals that you could ever hope to find.  I would have personally kneecapped the perpertrator of this shammozzle, so just as well it has wheel chair access. . . . Give him all the bloody Lincoln Continentals we can throw at him.

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Bill Caddyshack

Some people don't know the difference between awfully good and awful! The owner may have made big money in sports or drug dealing. Obvously he wanted something that he felt would make a statement. Would have been better to be quiet.

If he wanted to leave a footprint on the Sands of Time, he is leaving one made by a deformed cripple. Perhaps that is why the wheelchair access?

Ah, a "classic" Pimpmobile?? Bet that is it!

INTMD8

Quote from: Quentin Hall on January 08, 2014, 03:35:56 AM
I would have personally kneecapped the perpertrator of this shammozzle, so just as well it has wheel chair access

LMAO!  Easily the best thing I've ever read on this forum, hahaahhaaaa

las39

They also destroyed a 39 Cadillac. Look under Completed Projects. Why these ugly rims?
1939 LaSalle 5027
1941 Chrysler Royal Coupe
1934 Oldsmobile F34
1976 Moto Guzzi Convert

David King (kz78hy)

Quote from: Quentin Hall on January 08, 2014, 03:35:56 AM
Bruce , mate, time to turn the dial down on your medication. The owner has NO class to commission such an abomination of bad taste. It hurts even more when I saw the car that it started as . One of the best preserved Kenya Beige originals that you could ever hope to find.  I would have personally kneecapped the perpertrator of this shammozzle, so just as well it has wheel chair access. . . . Give him all the bloody Lincoln Continentals we can throw at him.

It really is worse as that was not a Kenya Beige car, it was a 98 copper one. Only 2 EB's made in that color in '58.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

mario

IT IS ONE THING TO DISLIKE THE CAR.
IT IS REALLY IN POOR TASTE TO LOOK DOWN YOUR NOSES AT A VEHICLE THAT HAS BEEN TRANSFORMED INTO A MODE OF TRANSPORTATION FOR SOMEBODY IN A WHEELCHAIR.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. HEARTLESS, JUST HEARTLESS.
m.caimotto

Quentin Hall

Mario,
          I hope your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek???? Ashamed, No. Disgusted, Yes.  How about we cut up the Mona Lisa ( it's just an old pitcher anyhows) and make a wheelchair ramp for this DISGUSTING MONSTROSITY? Perhaps he can use the Shroud of Turin to wipe his grimy hands on? The statue of David as a wheel chock ?.  This car really needs a toilet and an ensuite. 

Dumb oversensitivity and political correctness just %$#%&* me off . . . and you who looks down at me for not having a heart.  .  .  (Thankfully my brain still works).
           Have a Nice  Day. Q         

53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

cadelec

. . and you who looks down at me for not having a heart.  .  .  (Thankfully my brain still works).
           Have a Nice  Day. Q       

so you really are the "Tinman"

CLC# 25054
Trevor Pordage
1971 Eldorado Convertible
1958 Eldorado Brougham #656
1950 Series 62 Sedan

N Kahn

It's disgusting, and I'm not ashamed to say this, many a car could have been made wheelchair accessible, it's an abominable waste of a car, indeed look at the rest of the garbage that 'custom' shop builds, every single one them is lacking in taste.