News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Sixty Special

Started by hschwaller, January 13, 2014, 04:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hschwaller

I received the build sheet for my Sixty Special today and am confused by one of the codes.  I have a "T" for the Hydramatic, a "R W" for the Royal White Wall tires, plus a "C."  The "C" is circled, probably in pencil, and has an "X" written next to it.  The item cost $15.57.  What is this?

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi Henry, That's a pretty hefty charge for those days. Is there anything at all you've noticed special or different about your car? Terry Wenger may chime in with info, or you might call Carl Steig. I don't recall anything in the Special Features Book of that nature. "X", I believe was a designation for power windows back in the late Forties and early Fifties.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

C.R. Patton II

Hello Henry

Glad to read you are inquisitive about your 60 Special.

After you become a CLC National and region member near your residence I would suggest acquiring:
(1) Cadillacs of the Forties by Roy Schneider
(2) Class 11 Authenticity Manual
(3) 1941 Cadillac Chapter led by Jeff Shively

I look forward to meeting and viewing your car at our next Grand National in Lake George, NY this summer.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

hschwaller

Thank you for the responses!  I have the books/materials both of you mentioned, but none list the "C" code, or nothing for that price. 

I also joined the CLC on January 8th.  The Club is a great resource, and I look forward to meeting other Cadillac owners.  I'm still waiting for my membership number and other stuff from CLC.

srk1941

I have the 1941 Cadillac Accessory Data Book, and Group C consists of 4 Wheel Discs, a windshield washer, and license plate frames. The retail was 26.50.
Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658

hschwaller

joeceretti

Sounds like the original owner got quite a good deal below the retail price.

hschwaller

There is a small problem with the "C" designation.  The car did/does not have a windshield washer.  No idea on the license plate frames.   

joeceretti

Maybe that's why it was less expensive than retail. Just part of the package, and maybe that's the reason for the X? Just guessing obviously.

srk1941

All the prices listed on the Build Sheet should be the wholesale prices as delivered to the dealer or distributor. They would then sell the car at or near retail, and make their money that way.
Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658