News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Thanks

Started by Brad Hemingson CLC #18437, January 13, 2014, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Hemingson CLC #18437

Well, I'm now the new owner of a 1955 Eldorado. Makes as much sense as a fish owning a bicycle because I still have an unfinished 1966 Eldorado but I couldn't pass on the deal offered to me. I want to thank all the people like Ralph and Roger who chimed in and helped me with decoding the tags etc. I will try and post pictures in the next couple of weeks as I negotiated storage with the sale while I figure out how: a) to tell my wife b) where I'm going to put the darn thing.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Congrats Brad!

Lets hope your lovely bride doesn't tell you where to put the 1955 Eldorado!

Mike Baillargeon  #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

INTMD8

Congrats!  Lets see some pics

C.R. Patton II

Hello Brad

Kudos on your acquisition!

The assistance you have received from our experienced and wise members is just one of the many benefits of CLC membership. Your wife will always know that she is your first and only love but Cadillac has a place in your heart...and garage!

I look forward to meeting and viewing your car at our Grand National in Lake George this summer.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Brad,

Congratulations. I've found the secret to continuing in the  old car hobby is to always tell the wife, husband or significant other that everything cost $50.........If they don't believe that, look really embarrassed, apologize and cop to $150. :)

Cheers Buddy,

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Brad Hemingson CLC #18437 on January 13, 2014, 07:36:50 PM
Well, I'm now the new owner of a 1955 Eldorado. Makes as much sense as a fish owning a bicycle because I still have an unfinished 1966 Eldorado

Congratulation Brad! I was in the same situation more than 25 years ago when I bought my '56 Biarritz (I called it "nice rust" for obvious reasons) while the '57 Brougham was in the middle of its restoration; however, I don't regret it. Fortunately, I had just enough space and the wife was informed, also about the price!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101