News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

56 coupe and 59 comercial chassis steering

Started by swiss, January 15, 2014, 02:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swiss

hello
one  question from my side, how can i get this horn wire out of the spindle? i dont want just to pull because i have fear i destroy something, is it bolted on?
im currently restore both columns for this cars

happy to get help

Roger Zimmermann

The wire is soldered to a ring. This can be seen through an aperture from the steering column tube.
A factory shaop manual would certainly help; they are easely available.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

swiss

hello
thanks
i have the reapair manual for the cars, but in this its just described there is a spring you have to loose, but i didnt found the spring. its not verry good explained and not drawing or pic in it. have someone a drawing? or something like this?

Roger Zimmermann

Do you have this picture in the '56 shop manual? There should be no problem, they are so simple designed...
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

swiss

hallo roger
yes i have this, but i still can not see to where its connected, to the horn bushing? do i have to remove the hole spindle? snap ring , spring..... to get access?
or is it possible to get access with the column jacket?

rainer

Roger Zimmermann

Rainer, you have to remove the column jacket. Once this is removed, you will see a window or aperture large enough to unsolder/solder the wire. You may have a good look at the brass bushing: I had one which was cracked and I had to replace it. Don't ask how, it was 20 years ago...
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101