News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 5011 LASALLE INTERIOR COLORS

Started by B Readling CLC#25871, January 19, 2014, 07:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Readling CLC#25871

Attached are two pictures,one of the "Old Queen" and her new coat of Golden Beige Metallic and the next picture of abrown color found on interior parts. I would like to get the interior colors correct. I believe the brown to be the orginal color. this brown as you can see is on the door striker plate and the long curved pieces hold the door wind laceing in place.could this color be ormond brown?does anyone have an idea as to why it is on the interior and it is not listed as an interior color? I think this brown would go well with the body color but it is not Shadow Metallic. Could this be a color option from back in the day? Would someone help me down off the horns og this dilemma?
Brady - CLC#25871

C.R. Patton II

Hello Brady

Glad to read you are improving your 5011. One of 1801.

Without viewing your body data plate or your build sheet my opinion is limited. Number 27 is Golden Beige Metallic for the exterior with interior trim options 80, 81 and 87 as Tan. You may have an Special Order (SO) automobile. I sell LaSalle: Cadillac's Companion Car book by Ron Van Gelderen and Matt Larson.

I would also suggest that you contact the guy with the shoephone, John Washburn. Feel free to contact me.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Steve Passmore

That brown may be just the primer applied all over metal parts before final color. I believe all 50 and 60 series cars had the same color dash and metal interior parts.
Listed interior colors are usually only for the seat and door material not metal items. Bruce Berghoff will know what color that is as he reproduces dash items for these years.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe