News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

tires and wheels from a knowledgeble CLC Member

Started by James Gray, January 21, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gray

Especially important to those in the San Diego and Riverside County CA area.....

I would like to take a moment to tell you about a great business owned by a fellow CLC member. MotorSpot Inc. They do tires and wheels and custom wheel applications. And they do it well. Check out their website. http://widewhitetires.com/

I understand they were previously an internet based business which performed wheel enough to reach an international customer database and substantial repeat business. I cannot recall how long ago it was that he opened the retail store in Fallbrook but I believe it was within the last few years. He does advertise in The Self Starter as well as other media publications.

Here was my experience:
I spoke to Luiz at the counter and asked about a specific tire and for recommendations of similar tires and pricing for each with installation. He really did like the Firestone tire I had selected and explained why he liked it. His reasoning was spot on with the research I had done. The only year of the 4.125” white wall, the scallops and raised lettering in the whitewall, the beauty ring raised and in the white wall. But they were pricey with tubes and bands and proper stems. He showed me several option bias ply and radial. Even some bias ply tires not requiring a tube. I took the estimate and went home to ponder it awhile. I went back on Monday with the wheels as requested when ordering to make sure I was ordering the correct tire. It was requested because I was not 100% certain my measurements were correct. They were and I learned something I did no know. The wheels on the 42’ are riveted. I had 2 wheels with me. One was riveted and one was welded. Now I know which wheels need to be on the car for originality.
These guys are knowledgeable, experienced and very professional. They can provide what you seek. I asked about wheels not listed on their website and they assured me they could get them. American Classic, B.F.Goodrich, B.F.Goodrich Bias Ply Tires, Coker Tire, Coker Classic Tires, Firestone, US Royal Tires, Good Year Radiaal, Good Year Antique & Classic Tires and Diamond Back Tires. There were a few others manufacturer/retailers mentioned but they didn’t stick. My brain is so full of information now, it purges whatever it wants.

Anyway, help a fellow CLC members business thrive and contact them for your tire and wheel needs. It’s likely you are ordering them online and having your local service provider install and balance them or you are uber talented and doing it yourself. And for those in the San Diego region. He’s right here in Fallbrook. No need to drive to LA County anymore.

MotorSPOT Inc
www.widewhitetires.com
760-731-8303
Owner: Dave Adler CLC Member
Maj. James F Gray Ret.
Kristie Koepplin RN BSN

Member # 28494
1942 Cadillac Series 6269

r thomas

Thanks for sharing this info. Great webpage they have. I will try them for tires soon

James Gray

You will not be disappointed. They do the mounting and balancing as well. They have a business association with Fallbrook Tires. They can handle the entire process for you or you can take them to Shawn yourself. I chose the latter option so I could meet Nd greet all who touch my Caddy. Besides, they were just around the corner.
They have a balancing system that puts a load on the tire as if it were being driven for a more accurate balance.
Maj. James F Gray Ret.
Kristie Koepplin RN BSN

Member # 28494
1942 Cadillac Series 6269