News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wording of decals - 1938

Started by joeceretti, January 26, 2014, 06:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeceretti

I hate paying for things I can create myself. I have created these from examples I have seen. Does anyone know how close to authentic these are and more importantly, what the correct wording was? I have seen examples all over the place with slightly different wording. Also wondering about the sizes.

I suspect these would have been printed directly on the parts but in the case of the red art a plastic label will have to do. I will however screen print the crankcase breather graphics.

las39

Did they change the breather cap decal from 38 to 39/40 ?
The image in the Authenticity for 39-40 looks different.
1939 LaSalle 5027
1941 Chrysler Royal Coupe
1934 Oldsmobile F34
1976 Moto Guzzi Convert

joeceretti

I'm not really sure what is correct. As I search around more I am leaning more and more to creating these, or whatever art work I settle on, on water transfer decals.

hudson29

Will these be waterslide decals or adhesive stickers? I imagine GM would have used decals but these are very hard to source these days.

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupé
1923 Ford Runabout

joeceretti

Waterslide. I am going to print my own. If anyone else wants some, if they turn out right, and I am sure they will, I can print some extra for whatever the cost + mailing is.

las39

Quote from: Joe Ceretti on January 27, 2014, 06:43:53 PM
Waterslide. I am going to print my own. If anyone else wants some, if they turn out right, and I am sure they will, I can print some extra for whatever the cost + mailing is.
I could be interested ;)
1939 LaSalle 5027
1941 Chrysler Royal Coupe
1934 Oldsmobile F34
1976 Moto Guzzi Convert

hudson29

Quote from: Joe Ceretti on January 27, 2014, 06:43:53 PM

YES! I would like to sign up for two of each. Decals look a lot better than stickers.

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1923 Ford Runabout

Glen

I’ll take two sets as well Joe. 
Thank you for offering. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

harvey b

I would be interested in a couple of sets too,the waterslide decals will look very close to the originals. Harvey
Harvey Bowness

joeceretti

I need to figure out the exact size and wording they need to be.

Also, it's going to be a week or two. I just put my car in the spray booth yesterday and will be spending the next week priming and painting it. I only have the spray booth until Monday morning. Time is of the essence. I don't even want to consider how bad it will be if I can't get everything sprayed in time.

hudson29

No hurry on my end at all, this is a low burner project. I'm sorry I can't help with authenticity. My air clean has been repainted over the years and the sticker on it is in the wrong location.

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1923 Ford Runabout

Glen

I am not in any rush either. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104