News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 60 special gas line and filter

Started by mr41cadillac, January 29, 2014, 06:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr41cadillac

any advice on the original gas line to fuel pump in engine compartment. was there a filter if so where also if not where can I put one and what kind.  I have previously taken off tank cleaned  and trteated with that par epoxy but I feel like I should have some kind of in line filter.  thanks john.

joeceretti

Normally the fuel pump would have had a glass bowl sediment filter.  This type alone is not sufficient,  It will allow some small particles into the carb.  Ideally for maximum protection of your carb you should have a 100 micron  filter before the fuel pump and a 40 micron filter after the pump. I  do not think many people  do it this way, for whatever reasons but at the very least you should add a filter before the fuel pump.

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi John: Most all who drive flat head Cadillac install an auxiliary electric fuel pump to help eliminate vapor lock as well as to fill the line and carb before starting. The usual place to install this pump is in the rear near and above the tank so I put a filter in the line between the tank and the auxiliary pump. I use the type of filter pictured below which you can see when it needs to be changed. The filter is screwed together and comes apart easily to change the filter element. These filters are available at NAPA.   Bill