News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

stolen 1939 lasalle, Houston,tx

Started by impala65, February 02, 2014, 02:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impala65

I'm from houston,tx

I am looking for 1939 cadilla lasalle which was stolen from an electric shop. Its a coupe that had texas license plates # 949LMD and vin # 2304304

never actual took pic of the car and i never put it under my name so not sure if you can register that vin to another person or use a bill of sale, so if can look that up will be great. I will also like to know where is the vin located on these cars?

I do have the title to car and have a bunch of parts i took off of it.

Thanks!

MY 59

best of luck getting it back, fingers crossed for ya
David Bone :)

1959 Cadillac Sedan Deville
1967 (aussie) ZA ford Fairlane

Steve Passmore

If it had the original engine the Vin is located on the bell-housing behind number 7 cylinder in front the driver, its very hard to find sometimes. Another similar number is found on the chassis just behind the steering box on the top of the frame.

How did this theft come to happen??
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

C.R. Patton II

Hello

Sorry to read of your loss.  You did not mention if it was driven or towed away. The tracks in the area should always be examined at the point of loss.

Besides notifying law enforcement agencies I would suggest:
(1) Contact all the Texas CLC Region presidents with pictures and documentation
(2) I would also request assistance from the neighboring CLC Region state officials

I hope your search is successful.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Gene Beaird

Mr. Gonzalez,

What part of Houston?  The metropolitan Houston area is larger than a couple of US states!! 

Additionally, what color?  What parts were removed from that car?  More details, the better for finding the car.  Good luck with the search!
Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

hudson29

I sure hope you find it. I know how many hours & how much treasure I have wrapped up in my Coupé and would HATE to loose it to some low down sneak thief. I hope they still hang hoss thieves in Texas? Mebbee we oughta extend that thought to vintage cars . . .

Vintage Paul, still shuddering . . .
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupé
1923 Ford Runabout

impala65

car was the orange color, not sure of the actual name of color or color code...emblems, grille, ring around lights, and other stuff was removed to get them gold plated

txturbo

If you didn't have it in your name, even if it is recovered you will have a hard time getting it back since you won't be able to prove ownership. Might be a lucky day for the guy who was the last registered owner though.
D. Roden
1956 Coupe De Ville PINK
1963 Cadillac Sedan De Ville