News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

help identify 1940 Lasalle parts

Started by Ben Medlock, February 12, 2014, 01:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Medlock

Need help figuring out where these parts belong. I think they are under body somewhere due to pitting.

Any ideas?

harvey b

I don't have a 40 lasalle,but on my 37 60 series,there are some pieces like that that bolt to the frame around the motor,it helps to seal off the motor,like splash aprons?i am sure someone will chime in soon,they possibly could go around the radiator to help with airflow?. Not much help but is a bump to the top, Harvey
Harvey Bowness

Tom Knoebel

Harvey is correct wind deflectors to keep the radiator functioning.
Tom
Tom Knoebel

1939 LaSalle 5019, 1940 5019, 1940 5019, 1940 5011

Ben Medlock

Ahhh. Thanks. I never would have found that location without the picture. 2 more parts off the shelf and on the car!

harvey b

Funny thing is I have a part very similar to them,it came in the boxes of stuff that came with my car,now I will have to look and see if it will fit in by the bottom of the rad like those.I tried to see if it fits on the frame but it wouldn't,so now I have a new spot to check. Harvey
Harvey Bowness