News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Does anyone know where to get body mounts for a 75 Coupe

Started by Aprules2, February 13, 2014, 08:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aprules2

I have a 75 Coupe Deville and at some point in its life before getting put in storage in 79 it was wrecked pretty bad. Who ever put the car back together either couldn't get body bushings or didn't feel like getting them. Every time I hit a decent bump I watch my my front fenders and hood bounce and rock side to side. Also the fenders and doors don't line up very well. I looked under the car and there's a stack of washers under the front radiator support instead of the rubber mount that's supposed to be there. I want to take the front fenders off to adjust the doors (Both have Gm Replacement tags in them) because he didn't line them up right either, so Id like to take care of all of it in one shot.

Scot Minesinger

Your lucky, the body mount under radiator is the easiest one to replace.  This is why we have the forum.  No sense reinventing the wheel.  I was in the same situation where the body to frame bushings on one of my 1970 Cadillacs needed to be replaced (replaced all 17).  I figured out how to do it, and it went so well I did my other 1970 Cadillac.  The mounts are basically the same from 1965 thru 1976 and do not require shims.  I wrote an article on how to do it.  My e-mail is rscotm@cox.net.  E-mail me and I will send you the article.  It explains where to buy the universal replacements.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Aprules2

Thanks Scott, thing like this are exactly why I'm a member of the forum. I'm emailing you now.

Scot Minesinger

Thanks and further to this, I just replaced the body mount under radiator on my 1970 and they are the very similar if not the same - what me to snap a picture for you -let me know.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

mgbeda

Hi Guys,

I will soon be putting the radiator cradle back on Bessie ('76 SDV) so I need to buy three new body mounts to fit under there.  I have your body mount guide, Scot, and I imagine I'll be doing things the same way.

One question- looking at the old body mounts the one in the center is very different from the two on the sides.  The center one sounds like the same as on your '70, Scot, but the outside ones have a much bigger mounting hole, like 1.375" instead of 1.2" like the middle one.  How did you guys handle this?  Did you use the same mounts for the outside two?  Are all three the same on a '70?  I'm curious to hear how this worked on your '75 too, Aprules2

Thanks,

-Mike Beda
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)