News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Air Ride Fitting

Started by Aprules2, February 14, 2014, 03:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aprules2

I have a 75 Deville with the rear air ride system. My car was wrecked at one time in its life and the 1/8 inch plastic line was cut by the passenger fender and never reinstalled to the pump. I took the brass nut off the pump where the line would connect and there's no ferrule or anything in there. Where can I get a new fitting so I can get the air ride working? I dont care if its factory correct as long as it works.

Dave Shepherd

Aprules2

I had started to work on the air ride when I first got the car and some one told me there was a gasket on the ferule will it work with out it.
Heres the picture he put up.

Glen

I would also like to find a source for those fittings.  But so far no luck. 

If you have the fitting on both ends you can make a splice using standard 1/8 inch compression fittings from the plumbing section of the hardware store.  Around here the big box stores do not carry that size, so I go to Ace Hardware.  They have a limited selection. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Aprules2

I have the one on the other side but the gasket and ferule is missing. I have the nut and the fitting on the compressor. Has anyone tried just changing the fitting  on the compressor to something new and hooking the 1/8 inch line up that way?

The Tassie Devil(le)

I have what you need if you can't get one locally, but the postage from Australia will not be cheap.

Or, I can get it to one of the USA Members that is coming Down Under for the Cadillac Rally in April for them to bring back in their pocket.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon