News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 Eldorado carpet, dash pad questions

Started by Charlie CLC#18187, February 15, 2014, 01:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie CLC#18187

I would like to confirm the correct type of carpet in a '60 Seville, and also the dash pad color.

The attached pics show the carpet in question.  It is a loop style.  Over the trans tunnel there are two seams and a slit and overlap to conform to the tunnel (not molded).  The heel pad is smooth, not ribbed.  At the sill, there are two seams (not just one) to join the front and back.   

I have seen photos of cars with molded carpet, ribbed heel pad and one seam at the sill.  Also have seen the "shag" (mouton?) type carpet. 

Does the carpet in the photos appear correct?

Also, I have seen white/red Sevile interior with red dash pad and with black dash pad.  Which is correct? 

thanks much,
Charlie   
1956 Coupe de Ville

Barry

The carpet shown in your car appears to be the original and is correct.It was loop pile. 61 Fleetwoods and Biarritz used a thick cut pile, but in 59 and 60, loop was the only carpet used except for Mouton in the Eldorado Brougham( if so ordered ). The dash also appears correct, as it should match the red on the seats.B.Norman
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible