News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bob Cooper

Started by Alan Harris CLC#1513, February 17, 2014, 01:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Harris CLC#1513

Has anybody had any contact with our old friend Bob Cooper of Cooper's Vintage Auto Parts?

Sure do miss him!

hudson29

Me too, for years he was my favorite supplier. Something over a year ago I called him and placed a phone order. It never arrived nor was my card ever charged. He was going to search his stash for some interior trim parts. Something musta happened!

I hope he is OK and will soon be back in business.

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupé
1923 Ford Runabout

59-in-pieces

I know that Bob lost his nice warehouse shop (where I stored cars from time to time), because the landlord passed away and the kids took over, and raised the rent through the roof.  And by the way, the roof leaked.
He subsequently moved his operation to another location about a mile from the first.
Well, he is no longer there because of some similar story.
How do I know this, Bob and I live about 5 blocks from each other.
I called the rascal at home, and he is doing well - looking for another building.
When he finds one and sets up again, he will let everyone know.
I let him know folks were asking after him and that made him feel good, and he sends thanks to all.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

jbuchold

Thanks for the update. I have purchased parts and supplies since 1988 from him, and I wondered what happened, as well. jack buchold CLC 13967

jaxops

Bob Cooper is a gentleman and a great help.  I hope he can get set up again.
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

hudson29

I too would like to see Bob back again, I already have an order I would like to place. I always found him very helpful on the phone. He will need a better website however!

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupé
1923 Ford Runabout

Fred Zwicker #23106

I often bought many parts from Bob Cooper and need some parts now.  Did Bob ever start selling Cadillac LaSalle parts again?  If so, how can he be contacted?  I see there is a web site at coopersvintage. com but no name or address is shown. When I restored my 1939 LaSalle Convertible coupe back in 2008, he was my favorite supplier and always a gentleman on the phone.  I am currently restoring a 1940 Cadillac Series 75 convertible sedan at this time  Are there any other sources?

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Steve Passmore

I agree, he was my main man also. Sad that he doesn't seem to have been able to get another building and start up again. Would love to look through his stash.  Is he still around Steve B?
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

TMoore - NTCLC

The website at CoopersVintage.com is just a domain holding site, and unfortunately not related to Bob's business.  Hopefully, Steve B. will see this post and check with Bob on his current status.

I too talked to Bob shortly after the move, and wanted to place an order - he advised me that many parts were stored in different locations and it would take him a while to locate the parts I needed.  He shut down shortly after that.

Let's hope to hear some good news - the list that I want to order is growing each month, and I dearly love to send some business Bob's way.

59-in-pieces

Bob's car was in his driveway over the weekend, as I passed his house.
I tried calling him after I read this post, and let the phone just ring and ring - none of that recorder stuff for Cooper.
He may be out, so I will try him tonight.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher