News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need to know WHO has the correct DIE for the 1965 perforated leather

Started by Rod Dahlgren #19496, February 18, 2014, 04:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod Dahlgren #19496

I am trying to find the actual source of the company that does the correct perforation of the leather for 1965 Eldo seats. Actually, Back on 10 November, I ordered leather from the only known active supplier of correct materials. Told them I NEEDED this ASAP.. and to get it moving. They agreed. I asked when, was told 3-4 weeks. So I checked in after the holidays and was told "any day" I got a SAMPLE (not perforated) in the mail on 6 Feb. with color, close but not as expected.
Made a call-- finally got a reply that if I liked the color, they would proceed and it would take 3-4 weeks.... 

AHK!  SO-------  Now I went to my local leather supply, I HAVE the color, close---- But the perforation service that I know of does not have the correct die...  ANYONE KNOW WHO HAS IT? I would like to send out one hide RIGHT NOW and get this going.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Just a quick update. Since all the messages I was reading seemed to say the Jenkins had shut down, I decided to call myself and see what happened. Hill Jenkins answered the phone. he has the die and an do what I need. Kind of woke me up that i should always go direct to the source and not believe what you are told.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?