News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for Garage, Help if Available (Columbus, Ohio)

Started by mummyjohn, February 24, 2014, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mummyjohn

So it's rebuilding time for a 1971 Eldorado that's limping 'round on a wing and a prayer.  My house doesn't have a garage, I don't have a hoist of any kind, and I only have "standard" tools (screwdrivers and sockets and so forth), nothing "special" (valve spring compressors and the like).  I'm looking for a place to pull this engine that also has any requisite tools and equipment available if anyone knows of one.  This request is pretty open-ended, that is to say anyplace that fulfills those requirements is good by me.  If you own a place where I could do this work, or if you know someone who does, or just know of a place, please tell me!  As I said in the subject line, I'm in Columbus, Ohio (OSU campus area).  If you DO know of something, include any information on how much it would cost to use the space (if you know).

The second inquiry is if there's any old hand out there that'd like to guide a young'n with this procedure.  As autodidactic as I am, someone who's done it before is invaluable in this sort of situation.  I am an engineering student and have vague, general experience doing this sort of thing but I have never rebuilt an engine before.  I'm eager to get my hands dirty!

Thank you guys for any help/information you can offer.
- E. Ringman

1971 Eldorado coupe

mistertudball

You might want to check some of our tech schools (I'm from Cbus too) that do auto repair to see if they'd take the Eldo on as a project?  I don't know if that's done anymore, but they may have some ideas for you if they don't.  If you're looking for a repair shop, I can recommend Petty's Automotive near downtown.  They've worked on my Eldo several times and totally rebuilt my '66 Corvair's engine.  Absolutely no complaints. 
David Bartosic CLC19619

C.R. Patton II

Hello Ringman

Why spend your life on the periphery?

Join our national organization and the region near your residence. Gary Fisher is the CLC Central Region Vice President.  Also our club managers Mike & Nancy Book are in your proximity. They are ambassadors and a great source of direction for Cadillac and LaSalle owners.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.