News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Radio

Started by don berg, February 26, 2014, 07:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don berg

Have anyone used Countryside Radio and electronices  of Vermilion Ohio for radio repair? I need to have my 41 Cadillac radio fixed and not sure were Togo and not get ripped off.    Thanks Don

hudson29

I haven't heard of them, what do they do? Do they supply parts or do the repair? I would sure like to find a source for the pushbuttons & tuning wheels for 1939 Cadillac radio.

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupé
1923 Ford Runabout

don berg

Paul      What i know of them is that they reapair radios  not sure about parts.  Don

SHOVELHEAD

I used Countryside Radio for repairs on my 67 Pontiac factory AM FM Stereo after trying several other places. It was recommended by a friend in the restoration parts business as he uses them for his repairs.

Work was excellent. One thing that impressed me was that he called me upon completion (Sunday afternoon!) to explain what was done and why there was an additional charge (he had to fabricate a new cable to connect the multiplex unit). My repairs came to less that $200, this was about four years ago and the radio functions fine. All old parts were returned also.

I wish that I had heard of him years back. I had a 55 Buick radio repaired at another shop in the Detroit area. In '99 that set me back about $300 dollars.

RobertM

I had my radio done by Charles Siegfried in California.  He replaces all the transistors, capacitors and tubes.  He made the Wonderbar feature on my '54 Fleetwood's radio work perfectly.  Not cheap, but well worth the price.  And he says he warantees the work for three years.  I haven't had to test that out yet :)

Here's his website:
http://www.nadjaart.com/web_design/webwork/charles/index.htm
Bob
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

don berg

Thanks for all the info. I will give them a call. Thanks again    Don

David King (kz78hy)

Charles Siegfried rebuilt my radio in the Brougham.  I added in a aux switch to plug in a ipod as well.  The radio works fine.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

hudson29

One thing that is very important to me is to get that MP3 capability installed. While it is nice to have the radio working to hear modern stations in emergencies, I really want to hear the music and broadcasts appropriate to the age of the car. When I drive, its time for Jack Benny & Benny Goodman!

Vintage Paul
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1923 Ford Runabout

RobertM

Charles also put in a aux input with a couple feet of cable so I could hide it away in the glove box.  I think that was an extra $75 or so.
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

hudson29

Quote from: RobertM on March 04, 2014, 05:43:40 PM
Charles also put in a aux input with a couple feet of cable so I could hide it away in the glove box.  I think that was an extra $75 or so.

That's great to hear he can do that. It sure seems like a simple way to fool Father Time . . .

Vintage Paul, time traveler . . .
1939 Cadillac 6127 Coupé
1929 Hudson Town Sedan
1923 Ford Runabout

rhr1931cad

Well, i just had a radio restored functionally and cosmetically for my 1931 370A AWP. it looks and plays very well.
it was expensive, took about 7 months to get it back, but the workmanship and integrity was outstanding. below is the contact info. i have no relationship with this firm.
Chad Phillips
FYLP,L.L.C.
FYLP Building
368 Clinton Street
Binghamton, NY 13905
1-800-314-3957
Chad@Everythingradio.com
www.everythingradio.com

hope that helps.
ROBERT ROSENWASSER MD,MBA,FACS