News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Atlantic City Auction

Started by harry s, March 03, 2014, 02:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harry s

Anybody have results from the auction this past weekend? There were several interesting Caddies going through.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Chris Cummings

I called the auction folks, and they said they hoped to have results posted by the end of the week.

Chris Cummings

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Judging from the consignment list, Cadillac doesn't appear to have the representation it once had at AC - can't speak for the car corral however. Back when the event was held at the old convention center, the place used to be overflowing with Cadillacs.

Ah, the good old days... 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Richard Sills - CLC #936

There were quite a few Cadillacs in the auction.  Two of the most outstanding original cars in the regular auction were a 1965 deVille convertible with 34,000 miles, in Samoan Bronze with a russet interior and white convertible top, and a one-owner 1976 Sedan deVille with 40,000 miles in Firethorn with a white vinyl roof, very well equipped.   There were also a 1966 deVille convertible, a number of 1970s Eldorados, and some rear-wheel-drive Broughams from the 80s.

In the Taj Mahal auction, there were a 1931 Fleetwood V-8 convertible coupe (formerly owned by CLC member Chris Cummings), a 1940 V-16 formal sedan, a black 1949 convertible, a white 1953 Eldorado, a white 1954 Eldorado with continental kit, a stunning red '57 or '58 Eldorado Brougham with the stainless steel roof, and a black 1960 Series 62 convertible.

The car corral included an all-original 1962 6-window Sedan deVille with 14,000 miles, an all-original 1969 Coupe deVille with 23,000 miles (a CLC Senior car), two outstanding 1976 Eldorado convertibles (one Firethorn, the other Amberlite Firemist), a Mediterranean Blue 1978 Eldorado Biarritz, a triple-white 1978 Eldorado Biarritz (displaying first-prize awards at the Capitol Cadillac show), a like-new 1986 Eldorado Biarritz, and several very nice Allantes.

I'm sure this list is far from complete; it just gives you a flavor of what was there.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Richard

I am grateful for your effort and time to document and share. Were there any LaSalle automobiles? Thank you.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

76eldo

Richard,

I did notice that the quality of the Cadillacs was better than usual.  It was nice seeing you and visiting with our Cadillac friends.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)