News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fasteners for 38-40 60S rocker molding trim strips.

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, March 06, 2014, 01:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

On the reverse page of the 42 year old issue of the S/S that I attached to another post, was a note about the attaching clips for the 1938-40 Cadillac 60S and probably the corresponding 1939-40 LaSalles. It gave the part # B-890 from the SPAENAUER company which is still in business in Canada. Sadly, the item is not still in their catalog. Since you had to purchase a box of 50, I tried calling the person named in the tip, but they were not the people listed. I did have a nice chat with the lady who answered the phone whose husband DID NOT have an old Cadillac some 40 years ago.

However, since these are needed these days, I am making the post so if anyone wishes to see if there is any business who may have purchased excess/obsolete inventory, they can pursue it.

There was also mention of a GM part #3788320 as a substitute. (No GP # supplied.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville