News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fog lamps for a 1942 7523

Started by nightshade, March 08, 2014, 11:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightshade

Well after several years of searching as of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a 1942 7523! its is awesome shape with just a few minor things. one of them is the fog lamp assemblies. the lenses and bezels are immaculate its the bulb housing that is in trouble. I was curious if the assembly is the same as it is on a 46 and if not any ideas on where I can find one?

Paul Pittman

Paul Pittman
1942 7523 limo

gary griffin

Hi Paul,

Congratulations on your beautiful and rare 1942   75 series Cadillac. 

I am a fan of 42's and I can tell you that you are lucky to have a decent pair of lens as they are quite rare and hard to find . They are a one year only item even though they appear to be similar to the 46 models.

I am assuming that your fog lamp bucket is rusted away.  They are also hard to find.  Can you post a picture of the problems and possibly someone will have some good advice.

Gary
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

nightshade

It is the buckets that are in bad shape. One is rusted through in several spots but might be salvageable.  I'll post pics as soon as I can.
Paul Pittman
1942 7523 limo

gary griffin

Worst case if you can not find one is to repair what is left of yours or possibly have a reproduction made. I have a good pair that will soon be installed but available for pattern or even 3-d printing if you want one produced in a composite form. I do not know the cost of 3-d printing or if there is one located in the Seattle area?  I have some odds and ends from my 1942 parts car but I will not be able to check them out until next week.  Feel free to contact me at    garygriffin@Q.com  and give me a phone number where I can reach you ( do not put my telephone number in these open posts) . I know of several 42's around the country and not everybody reads this Forum.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

KD

I have a very nice set of fog lights if you are interested.
They are:AUXILIARY LIGHT NO. 20-22
              AUTO RADIATOR MFG.CO.
              CHICAGC, U.S.A.
Ken Dennison
CLC#26801
Ken Dennison

1935 Auburn S/C Cabroilet
1940 Cadillac V16 7 passenger Imperial Sedan (9033)
1929 Ford Closed Cab Pick Up
1960 Austin Healey Sprite