News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Yeah! My First Post. I need help.

Started by Grady_CLC, March 11, 2014, 05:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grady_CLC

This is my first post!  I am new to CLC but not necessarily Cadillacs.

I have a 1966 Fleetwood Brougham and it needs a new top.

Can you guys refer me to a source for the correct vinyl top material and layout?

Also, I am looking for an upholsterer reference in the Nashville, TN area.

I figure I might have to buy the top myself and have it installed by someone to make sure that I get the show quality/factory correct end result.

John W. Grady
CLC# 28641

1966 Fleetwood Brougham
1970 Coupe DeVille (past)
1970 Coupe DeVille Convertible (past)

Barry M Wheeler #2189

John, I think you should make sure you get enough material. I bought some from a guy who indeed had "enough" according to a chart supplied by another source, but there would have been no extra to take care of any mistakes. SMS who advertises in Hemmings should have the correct and original material. Good luck, and welcome to the Club.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

okccadman

Tuxedo grain is close but the pattern is a bit finer than the correct cross grain pattern.  I put Tuxedo on my 70 Coupe and most people didnt know the difference.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

C.R. Patton II

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.