News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wanted: Vac line diagram for '57 Washer pump and wiper motor

Started by Dave Burke, March 20, 2014, 03:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Burke

Hi Fellers,

Now that I whomped my brake and vacuum issues and drove my beautiful '57 Sedan Deville down to Florida down to Florida and back for the Concours D'Elegance with my human cargo suffering nary a scratch (save for liver damage), I figure that now it is time to get down to making the windshield wipers and washer pump (which I have rebuilt) work better.  Of course the ribbon of vacuum hoses between the washer pump and the wiper motor (and elsewhere) has rotted to the point of not even being much help in terms of figuring out where the lines even went!  Now I am no (apparent) dummy, and could read on the washer where the "water" and "vacuum" marks are, but my real question pertains to the smaller lines.  There are two small-diameter connections at the top of the washer pump assembly.  There is a small-diameter attachment tube on what looks like a vacuum piston or diaphragm housing on the side of the wiper motor.  Finally, there is the washer button on the wiper switch assembly on the dashboard. 

So who connects to what?  Any feedback would be most greatly appreciated, because even though someone installed an electric washer pump motor on the firewall, I take it as a point of honor to make this thing work as the Cadillac Gods intended!

Best Regards and thanks in advance!

Dave Burke
CLC# 27968

"My PhD means that I am highly educated - not necessarily smart!"
1957 Sedan Deville
1963 Series 62 - Project LUX
1983 Maserati Quattroporte

"Who loves ya, Baby?" - Kojak

David King (kz78hy)

Mastermind in CA has the correct 4 hose part w/ instructions.  A very good part and priced accordingly.

http://www.mastermindinc.net/rubber-parts1.html#

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197